Anzu Special Acquisition Corp I
We seek to identify high-quality businesses with transformative technologies for industrial applications.
Anzu Special Acquisition Corp I is a newly incorporated blank check company formed for the purpose of effecting a merger, share exchange, asset acquisition, stock purchase, reorganization or similar business combination with one or more businesses. While we may pursue an initial business combination target in any industry, we currently intend to concentrate our efforts in identifying high-quality businesses with transformative technologies for industrial applications. Within this focus, we will seek to pursue opportunities with market-leading companies, including from corporate spin-outs, closely-held companies, and institutionally-backed businesses. We believe we will be able to provide significant value due to our ability to drive growth, global scaling and profitability in companies, along with our flexibility in understanding and addressing complex business situations and structures.
We believe that technology and globalization are creating enormous opportunities for disruption and value creation in industrial markets and that our management team is well positioned to identify distinctive opportunities across the industrial technology space, including corporate spin-outs, closely-held companies, and institutionally-backed businesses.
We also believe that Anzu’s experience and track record in the industrial technology space, as well as our management team’s understanding of complex business situations and structures, will make us a preferred partner for these potential targets.
We intend to pursue target businesses that we believe possess, among others:
- Significant market share in leading growth segments;
- Financial scale required to stand as an independent public company;
- Sustained historical growth over multiple years within major markets;
- Established management teams who have experience running businesses at scale and that we believe are ready to enter the public markets; and
- Clear current financial metrics that can drive valuation and support value expansion in the public markets.
We will seek to identify high-quality businesses, particularly those with transformative technologies for industrial applications, and use our company-building expertise and network of technical and corporate connections to drive innovation into large industrial markets.
We are confident that we can provide a number of significant benefits to potential targets and public market investors that can potentially lead to attractive long-term risk-adjusted returns in the public markets. These benefits include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Team. Our board of directors is led by an executive with a decade of public company operational leadership experience, supported by an experienced transaction team with global reach to identify business combination targets;
- Track record. Our team members have led and executed multiple global transactions, have managed IPO spin-outs with over $5 billion in enterprise value and have handled divestitures—going beyond the textbook and into the practice of getting transactions done at scale in the public market;
- Corporate experience. Our leadership team draws on deep corporate networks and experience to be a credible counterparty, including broad professional networks in industrial technology and global management consulting;
- Technical expertise. Our team has deep technical knowledge to be able to assess the long-term competitiveness of industrial technologies, with the Anzu Partners’ team collectively holding over eight PhDs—from Georgia Tech, MIT, Oxford University (UK), Stanford, University of California Berkeley, University of California Los Angeles, University of California San Diego and University of Texas at Austin; and
- Readiness. Anzu Partners’ deep bench of employed or retained former Big Four accountants and auditors, legal professionals, and business professionals is expected to efficiently provide a strong platform for facilitating a spin-out transaction that other capital allocators could struggle to manage.
Over the course of their careers, the members of our management team, board and advisory board and their affiliates (including Anzu Partners) have developed a broad network of contacts and corporate relationships, including deep networks in industrial technology and global management consulting, that we believe will serve as a useful source of opportunities.
Sign up to receive the latest news and updates